Tuesday 24 March 2015

Jaded by Varina Denman, review


I was very lucky to be given a free copy of Jaded to read, thanks to Net Galley and Varina’s lovely publisher, David C. Cook.

First impressions:
At first glimpse, I was instantly attracted to this book. The cover is both beautiful and enticing and the blurb left me desperately wanting more, which is always a good sign.

The Blurb:
As a child, Ruthie was shunned by the local congregation. Thirteen years later, Ruthie’s heart begins to stir when an attractive single preacher arrives. But their relationship is bitterly opposed—unearthing a string of secrets which threaten to turn the church, the town, and her world upside-down.

Jaded is the rare novel that is both love story between a woman and man ... and God and His church. Plunging deep into the waters of shame, forgiveness and restoration, it will resonate with every woman who’s experienced a loss of heart ... and a thirst for hope.


And resonate it did, I was hooked on this book from the very first page and devoured it so fast that I was relieved to know that I had a second another of Varina’s books on standby, ready to go.

Varian is an amazing author who builds not only realistic characters, but ones that make us think, question and ponder the way we consider and see things around us.

It reminds us that what we think we know isn’t always accurate and that often there is more going on than meets the eye.

I loved this book I really did and she reminded me of Francine Rivers, of who I am a massive fan, because like Francie, Varina was able to open my eyes and make me consider things that previously I had tried to ignore, in a way that was both absorbing and well written.

Although I did receive this book as a free book in Kindle format, I enjoyed it so much I will be going out and buying it in paperback also.

So if you love a bit of good Christian fiction, are a fan of Francine Rivers or are just looking for something to make you think and make you smile. Then Jaded is the book for you.

Love and hugs

Joss xx

No comments:

Post a Comment