Friday 9 January 2015

Reading challenge fun!

I love reading, in fact given the opportunity I would probably do nothing but read all day, sadly life usually has other plans for us but that didn't stop me from wanting to get involved with a reading challenge this year.

So off I went searching the blogger-sphere for anyone who was holding one of these challenges and I found The Reading Challenge 2015 hosted by popsugar.

It had a great list of reading challenges and I was really excited to get involved. I even wrote all the challenges out into my planner. I think I am starting to get the hang of this whole organisation thing.

These are the challenges:


Having found this Reading challenge and having decided to do it, another reading challenge found me. 

This time it was the 2015 Diversity reading challenge that a fellow blogger posted about and tagged me in on facebook. 



I'm really excited by this challenge because I think it's important to read books by people from all walks of life, I'd also love to see more book with characters who are disabled and for it to be the norm for books to have a more diverse range of characters from all different walks of life. 

It's going to be a busy year of reading for me, but I am hopeful I will find some great new authors and books in the process. 

How about you? Are you planning any reading challenges this year? I always take part in the goodread's yearly challenge and set myself the challenge of 80 books this year although I suspect I'll be upping that at some point now.

Well that's all from me for now, I hope you have a lovely day. 

love and hugs 
Joss xx 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Joss, not sure if my comment posted but both challenges sound like they will get you diverse reads. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are great I am really enjoying them so far. :)

      Delete
  2. Those are both great lists! I'm think I'll try to hit more on the diversity list this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good fun and a great way to discover new authors that you might not have, otherwise.

      Delete
  3. Those are awesome challenges! My personal challenge is to read 100 books this year. I've been really good about trying out different genres these past few years and I hope to continue that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed a 100 last year I was so chuffed with myself. Hoping I can do the same this year but I have so much going on I'm just not sure.

      Delete
  4. Those challenges will broaden your horizons. If you haven't read Wild, I recommend it as a book that was made into a movie. It's fabulous.

    Great to meet you. Thanks so much for finding and following. I'm glad to do the same. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wild, is that the film I have been seeing advertised lately. It looks amazing. I will definitely go and look up the book.

      Delete
  5. These are very cool. I do the Goodreads challenge, which is about numbers, but these specific ones really do expand a reader's mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great. I do the goodreads challenge also but I really wanted to try something a bit different as well this year.

      Delete
  6. Both challenges look like fun. I should do a formal challenge to force me to read different genres. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love discovering new books and new genres so this seemed like a great way to do that.

      Delete
  7. These challenges look interesting, good luck with them.

    I usually do the Goodreads Challenge too, although I failed miserably last year. I'm aiming for 24 this year, but that looks pitiful next to your 80!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get a lot of spare time though when I have to just lay out because of my back pain and when you are doing that you have two choices for entertainment, reading or watching tv, I prefer reading and so it helps me get through a lot of books. Plus my son loves me reading to him which also helps me get though a lot of books. When I was working full time and had more of an active social life I too would have found 24 a challenge :)

    ReplyDelete