Monday 5 May 2014

Psychometry in creative writing.

                           
Have you heard of Psychometry? Psychometry is the process of taking an object and picking up images, sounds and a sense of where it has been, what it has seen and the life it has led, simply through holding it and reading its energy.

 It's a subject that has intrigued me for a while and  as a result Tizzy, in my book Insane Reno, actually uses the process at one point, to try and reveal the past of her somewhat spooky new home.



Like Tizzy, when I use Psychometry, I can never be sure if what I am seeing is real or simply the work of my over active imagination. Which brings me to my point. Psychometry is great for creative writing.

Take any object no matter how mundane, hold it and see what pops into your mind, where has it been, what has it seen. From doing this I have developed some great story ideas and I have used everything from an old fashioned wardrobe key to a oily penny to garner ideas.

So here's a bit of a challenge for you. Find an object. It can be anything really, just something that speaks to you and intrigues you. Take it in your hands, close your eye's and let your imagination run wild.  Once your done, write down what you saw, pop it on your blog and leave a link in the comments below, or just pop the whole thing into the comments if you prefer.

I'd love to see what you come up with and if you found the process enjoyable or useful. Remeber you can use anything, be it an old wooden beam in your family home, like Tizzy, or a penny or maybe even a tatty old bear.

                       


Have fun with it and let your mind and your creative Juices run wild.

Love and hugs Joss xx



No comments:

Post a Comment