Saturday 4 January 2014

The big off putter

I love reading people's blogs and friends Facebook posts, but lately I have seen an increasing trend in friends and bloggers using their social networking areas for shameless advertising. 

That's not to say all advertising is wrong. In moderation I think it is fine. Then occasional I liked a product so I want to tell you about it is not a problem, in fact it is a great way to find out about new fun tasty or entertaining items. Book reviews also are fine as I love discovering an awesome new book. Even if you get a product to try and love it and want to share that is fine in moderation. 

When it really irks me and if I am honest makes me sad, is when someone who once posted interesting and witty posts, stops doing this in favour of advertisement after advertisement. It feels as if they are selling their soul for a little extra money and you struggle to believe that they even like half of what they are posting up. 

When I go to a blog or read a Facebook post it's because I want to genuinely discover something about the people I follow, such as are they okay, how is life treating them, their exciting news and even the sad so I can offer a little support.

In short I want to know that, like me, they are human and not a senseless robot posting ad after ad. We all need to make money and I don't begrudge anyone trying to do that, but at least spread those ads out a little and fill the inbetween with some general info about yourself and your life.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just being a grump lol.
Have a good day all.

Love and hugs Joss xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment