Tuesday 14 May 2013

When little boys, become big boys.


How are we as mothers supposed to cope, when our little boys, turn into big boys?
The answer for me at any rate, is not very well.

I frequently find my mind wandering back to the days when my little boy, was just a tiny baby in my arms. So innocent and sweet and unaffected by the world around him.

Now, that he's six years old, at school and in contact with all kinds of people in his everyday life. He is growing and changing at an alarming rate, which at times can be very hard to watch.

Just the other day he uttered words that made me want to weep and left me feeling pretty angry too.
They were not words we had taught him, not words I even knew were in his vocabulary and yet out they popped. (frigging hell) in it's much less polite form.

My husband and I both froze with shock, not sure if we had even heard right, but Kye's hand flying to his mouth said it all.

I am not stupid enough to think that there aren't kids out there or people out there who swear, I guess I had just hoped that at six, the kids in my sons class, wouldn't have reached that point just yet.

What do you do in this situation?

But it isn't just swearing or bad behaviours that comes with our children growing up. It's simple changes, changes that you know will happen and yet somehow, just can't seem to fully prepare yourself for.

Like the moment you stop being mummy and become mum, or when hugs and kisses become too embarrassing.

My son has reached both of these stages in his development and I'm really not enjoying either.
So I wondered, what stages in your child’s development did you find particularly hard and why.

Was it there first day of school, when you knew that they were starting a new chapter of their life without you?

Perhaps, their first trip outside to play, unsupervised?

Or maybe, for those of you with older children, it was the day they left home?

Either way I would love to hear your thoughts and how you coped with these changes.

Love and hugs
Joss xx  

No comments:

Post a Comment