Monday 12 December 2011

A Christmas gift that could well become a family treasure for generations to come



Today while finishing up my Christmas shopping I came across a lovely gift that you can buy for your mum, dad, sisters, brothers, grandparents ect, called the me to you Journal.

The idea of the gift is that your loved ones can fill them in over a time and then give them back to you, perhaps as a gift for your birthday or even Christmas again, so that you can learn all about them and their lives, you can also buy one for yourself to fill out for your own children and it can then be passed on down through the family for generations to come.

With questions like:  

Tell me about the time and place you were born . . .

What were your favourite childhood toys or games?

What would you do for a night out when you were dating?

Tell me about a special piece of music that you and Dad had ‘just for you’ . . .

Before I was born, what other names had you thought of calling me?

What was the first word or words you remember me saying?

What are the happiest or greatest memories of your life?

What are a few of your favourite things?

If you were an animal . . . what type of animal would you be, and why?

Describe something you still want to achieve in your life . . .

Tell me about the things that have made you happy or laugh . . .

Given your experiences, what piece of advice would you like to offer me?

This book can give you treasured insight into your loved ones lives, loves and longings, and can also make for great conversation on Christmas day.

On top of that the book apparently won the gift of the year award, which is an added bonus, I grabbed a copy for my mum and one for my sister too, and can’t wait to hand them over this Christmas, so if you’re looking for a little extra this year, and want a really special gift, this could be the perfect one.

Love and hugs

Jossie Marie xx

3 comments:

  1. Stopped by for the Deja Vu blogfest.

    Those are great ideas for a hand-me-down book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - a great gift idea. :)

    I'm a new follower from the DejaVu blogfest. Nice to meet you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lydia and margo thank you for stopping by I didn't get to put my dejavu post up as we had a family emergency, so I was away on the 16th, so i'll be adding it today, better late than never I guess lol

    ReplyDelete