Wednesday 9 November 2011

Nanowrimo day 9

Well so far nanowrimo is going well for me. I'm currently at the 30,092 mark and managed to hit the half way Mark 2 mins into day eight sigh. I wanted to hit it day 7 but what can you do. I've had a few rough days where I just couldn't get my brain to function right, and a couple of naughty look backs. I know, I know never look back. But all in all I think I am doing ok on my first nanowrimo. I'm now at the place where I am fretting about my novel length, I'm worried that it's gonna be well in excess of the 50k Mark and although it being over is not really a bad thing, I'm actually getting the urge to pull things to a conclusion early which would just completely spoil it. I dunno I guess I'm just worked people are gonna think I'm a big head for having managed to do so much in such a short time and believe me when I say I never in a million years thought I would do so well at this. My aim at the start of this was to use my excitement and enthusiasm to get down as many words as possible so that when the inevitable self doubt or mental blocks kicked in I'd have the space to work through it without falling to badly behind. However, I now feel a little out of place within our regional group, as i worry that people think I'm some kind of show off or something. I guess that's partly why I'm freaking about my novel going 10 or 20k over the 50k Mark and thus kinda screwing it up trying to bring it to a conclusion sooner.
I mean I think everyone is doing great, especially those who have a 9 to 5 and are coming home and having to churn out there daily word goals. I'm so lucky that my job is my writing and my son. Because him being at school all day gives me plenty of time to write. I dunno I guess I'm just having a down day and worrying too much about what others think, when I should just be focusing on memory book and making it the best that it can be. I think a long soak some good music and a chat with Cj aka my long suffering best friend and editor will help perk me up a bit xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment