Thursday 24 November 2011

free books, The Lady and the Locksmith by Cody Young.

I have started reading some of the free books from amazon that you can download on to your kindle, as I know a lot of these books are by fairly new authors or authors who are attempting to self publish and I wanted to show a bit of support and also discover some new authors. So far I have downloaded quite a few, but only read a one short story.
I thought I would share it here as I found it an enjoyable read, it is called the lady and the locksmith and is by Cody young.
Some people have stated that the book is not historically accurate, not knowing all that much about the Victorian era I couldn't really say, but I found it well written and an enjoyable read, especially as it was a free book, and would definitely like to read more by Cody young.
I am not one to lay out a lot of details because I feel that would spoil the book for others, but in short it is a love story, with one pretty passionate scene, and was definitely a page turner, as I read it though in one sitting which wasn't hard as it is only a short story of about 100 pages. Any who I think it is definitely worth a look if you are looking for something short and sweet to read, and the fact that it is free is and added bonus.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Joss! I just found this blog post - almost six months after you wrote it. The Lady and the Locksmith has now reached over 65,000 people and has helped me get my writing career off the ground.
    My new resolution is to write full length novels from now on - since a lot of people thought my novella was too short. I'm writing every day, and have two more releases due out this year. Best of luck with your own writing career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that is awesome, I will be looking forward to reading your first novel. I am thinking about taking the self publishing route myself as have heard a lot of great things about it, if you have an tips I'd be very grateful for them xx

    ReplyDelete